Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cider Lovin'

I dislike beer, except for one you can get at Pike Place Brewery in Seattle, and Lenny's in Blommington IN, which means my choices when I go to an establishment are limited to expensive mixed drinks, or my other favorite beverage with a little kick. Cider.

Favorites so far are:
Strongbow - fresh, robust dry English cider
Newton's Folly - found at Trader Joe's, a crisp granny smith apple cider that is quite yummy

Hornsby's - is okay
Wyder's - has more variety than most with a few different types including a pear, but is not as good as the two above.


In a pinch:
Woodchuck and Woodpecker will do, but the others are better so far. I'll update this as I try different ciders and see what else I like.

Maybe I should look into learning how to make my own hard cider.

No comments: